TRI Equestrian NI Ulster Region 2019 Autumn Pony Tour Rule
Venues and dates
Saturday 31st August Portmore Equestrian Centre*
Sunday 8th September Cavan Equestrian Centre*
Saturday 14th September Meadows Equestrian Centre*
Sunday 15th September Coleraine RDA Equestrian Centre*
Sat and Sun 21st/22nd Kernan Equestrian Centre*
Saturday & Sunday 28th & 29th September Eglinton as part of Northern Indoor Pony Show*
Saturday 5th October Cavan Equestrian Centre*
Saturday 12th October Connell Hill Equestrian Centre*
Sunday 13th October Ecclesville Equestrian Centre
Saturday 19th October Portmore Equestrian Centre* (FINAL LEG)
‘*’ denotes venues running full schedule.
'TRI Ulster Region Autumn Tour'
- 128 80cm
- 128 Under 10s - Over 69 Points
- 128 90cm
- 128 1m
- 138 90cm
- 138 1m
- 138 1.10m
- 148 1m
- 148 1.10m (inc 6/7 Year Old)
- 148 1.20m
- Children On Horses & Juniors 1m
- Children On Horses & Juniors 1.10m/1.20m Handicap
Additional classes to be run 2 arena venues
'Autumn Novice Tour'
- 128 50cms
- 128 60cms
- 128 70cm
- 138 80cms
- 148 90cms
- Classes 1, 5, 8, 11 and Classes A - E – Article 274.5.1
- Classes 2,3, 6, 9 will be run under 238.2.2, or when circumstances demand these may be ran as 274.5.3
- Classes 4, 7, 10 & 12 will be run under 238.2.3
- Classes will not be run as a one round speed.
Classes- A & B- Optimum Time
Classes- 1,5,8,11 and C-E- 274.5.3.
Classes- 3,6, 9 and 12- 274.5.3
Classes- 2, 4, 7, 10- 238.2.2.
The ground jury will reserve the right to amend the competition articles, should circumstances arise, to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the competitions.
All classes during the Tour will be run on a points system:
Classes- 1,5,8,11 and A-E points will be based on Athlete/Pony Combination.
Classes- 2,3,4,6,7,9,10 and 12, points will be Athlete based, should a rider have more than one pony placed, points will only be allocated to the highest placed. Points will then move up with the next Athlete(s) being awarded the vacated point(s). For example where an Athlete places first and second in a class, that Athlete will receive a total of 10 points. The third placed Athlete will receive 9 points and so on.
ELIGIBILITY OF ATHLETES
Riders from all regions will be eligible to compete, however league cups awarded on prize night will be awarded to the highest placed Ulster Region athlete only.
Classes 1- 12- the best 5 out of 10 (including the final) possible scores will denote the Tour winner and Tour Placings. Where there is equality of points the highest placed athlete or athlete-pony combination as the case may be at the final will take a higher tour placing.
Classes A-E (running in 2 arena venues only)- the best 4 out of 9 (including the final) possible scores will denote the Tour winner and Tour placing. Where there is equality of points the highest placed Athlete/ Pony combination at the final will get the higher placing
To be eligible for money and prizes in the tour final, athletes must compete at the final and be present for the presentation of prizes.
Multiple entries in the class
Athletes with multiple rides must organise their ponies in advance.
Classes- 1,5,8,11 and A-E – 3 points for attending, 3 points for clear in the 1st phase and 3 points for Clear in the 2nd phase. The total number of points available in any one class is therefore 9 points.
Classes- 2,3,4,6,7,9,10 and 12- 1st-10, 2nd-9, 3rd-8 etc to 10th-1 point.
Classes- 1,5,8,11 and A-E- 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.
Classes- 2,3,4,6,7,9,10 and 12-10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.
128 50cm & 60cms Final (Classes A & B)
The Final will be run under optimum time with the display clock being turned off during the athlete’s round and turned back on after completion of the round.
In respect of all classes
- Points will be awarded based on results recorded on the day at each venue and will not be cross referenced with the SJI. It is up to members in the normal fashion to ensure that SJI points have been properly allocated.
- Athletes may compete on different ponies at different legs as these are considered ‘stand-alone’ events.
- Results will be posted as soon as possible after participating venues have submitted results. All queries must be raised, no less than 7 days after posting and in respect of the Final at least 4 days in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event of dispute arising (in respect of the Tour) the decision of the Ulster Region Pony Committee shall be final or where time is of the essence, the decision of the Ulster Region Pony Chairperson and not less than two other Pony Committee Members shall determine any such issue.
- Athletes on Temporary Tickets or riding H/C are not eligible to jump for points or prizes.
- 45 second countdown clock to be operational in all classes except 128 50cms & 128 60cms classes.
- Under Show Jumping Ireland Rules, no unauthorised persons may enter the arena apart from the Athlete and pony, therefore no one may be present IN THE ARENA during the competition
Leg Venue – minimum of two judges plus a scribe are required in the jury box – minimum of one National Status or higher.
Final Venue – minimum of three judges per jury box –minimum of one Senior National or higher.
Leg Venue – National Status or higher
Final Leg- Senior National Status or higher
Each arena must have a competent Starter (over 16 years of age) who shall ensure that there are two ponies in the arena in all 138/148 classes, and 90 and 1 metre 128 classes, in all other 128 classes athletes are encouraged to follow this procedure, and one at the pocket.